Data Visualization for Success
Interviews with 40 Experienced Designers
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
Share This Book...
- Covers future trends on how data visualisation will impact on scholarly, academic, cultural, social, and political spheres
- Engages with 40 high-profile designers who each showcase their processes and ideas
- Provides critical analysis of various data frameworks and in particular how to balance the needs of the client with the ideological leanings of the designer
- Informs the reader on how to characterise the nature and generation of knowledge, and the critical effects of how each relates to a particular form of visual representation
What is data visualisation? In Data Visualization for Success, 40 designers and their works demonstrate that data visualisation is a vibrant and constantly evolving field that is as multimodal as it is interdisciplinary. Through the works showcased here, these designers discuss some of their approaches to working with data visualisation, offering insight into the design methods they commonly use and providing tips that will help beginning practitioners in the field. This book shows that data visualisation is a practice and discipline whose fluid boundaries continue to be moved in new, exciting, and unprecedented directions by emerging and seasoned designers alike.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 7th Jun 2017
- 300 mm x 210 mm
- 264 Pages
- 400 color
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.