Designing Beautiful Public Architecture in Scenic Surrounds
- This book offers details of vibrant and modern public architecture projects that are highly design oriented, are a perfect fit within beautiful scenic areas, and which closely associate and encourage a close interaction between people and nature
- Presented in full-colour throughout, with photographs, plans, and incisive commentary by architects and designers from around the globe
- This book is especially targeted to architects, teachers, and students of professional design institutes and universities
The magic of nature makes a breathtaking backdrop to any public building. With the continuous development of technology, much public architecture is becoming the stunning attraction in and of itself, complementing the scenic areas that people flock and visit. Contemporary public architecture serves multiple functions: not only does it provide a service for tourists and visitors alike, but it forms part of the scenic experience. Modern public buildings must offer much more than simple dining and accommodation amenities; visitors are looking to pursue shopping, leisure, material, and cultural pleasures, and modern architects and designers now plan the design of public architecture in scenic areas to adapt to the needs of modern tourism, often by fusing architectural design and landscape design.
Designing Beautiful Public Architecture in Scenic Surrounds presents an array of architecturally designed public and commercial buildings that are placed in scenic environments. The book covers more than 30 examples of recently completed projects designed by renowned architectural firms worldwide, including restaurants and cafés, cultural buildings, such as museums or buildings for the performing arts, leisure centres, and visitor centres.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 11th Jul 2022
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 280 mm x 212 mm
- 256 Pages
- 300 color