Integrating Design Into Nature
- Showcases 10 significant projects spanning residential, commercial, retail, and hospitality programs, including Choui Fong Tea Café 1 and 2, a prominent tea plantation venue that is one of the top tourist destinations in Thailand's Chiang Rai province
- Each project is presented with full-colour photo spreads accompanied by an informative description, and detailed plans, and diagrams
- Provides insight into IDIN's unconventional design philosophy that focuses on harmonious co-existence with site ecology, while emphasising aesthetics paired with functionality
- Offers a host of inspiring takeaway points on creative, unconventional solutions to negotiate build challenges for peers in the field and students pursuing the vocation
A remarkable understanding of architectural form and its interplay with nature underscores the creations of Bangkok-based IDIN Architects. This first monograph for the architects illustrates this unique design acumen through constructions that are at once bold and striking, yet one with their surroundings. The firm’s raison d’être is evident in its tagline: “Integrating Design Into Nature.”
These pages present 10 very beautiful and prominent projects spanning residential, commercial, and retail programs, including IDIN’s very own office; each account is highly illustrated in full-colour throughout, accompanied by incisive descriptions, and detailed diagrams and plans. The reader learns how IDIN employs creative reasoning to reveal its inspirations and architectural aesthetics for each project, at times steering away from convention. This methodology in and of itself drives many of the firm’s solutions to site challenges, to arrive at award-winning creations that successfully blend design aspiration with practical function.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 12th Jul 2021
- Paperback / softback
- 240 mm x 170 mm
- 200 Pages
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.