Visionaries in Light
- A beautifully presented monograph showcasing 30+ architectural lighting projects by Lam Partners. The broad range of projects includes the United States Institute of Peace, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Yad Vashem Memorial Museum, The TOWER at PNC Plaza, Salt Lake City Public Library, and SoFi Stadium, as well as prominent legacy work such as the Washington D.C. Metro and Union Station, the Massachusetts State House, the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, plus more
- Works are richly photographed in full colour throughout, and include captions and a selection of diagrams and models
- Incisive commentary explains Lam Partners' architectural lighting principles and describes technical and creative strategies to integrating daylighting and electric lighting into architecture and public spaces
Lam Partners has blazed the trail in architectural lighting design for more than 60 years. The visionary team of designers, architectural imaginers, and technical gurus have illuminated prominent and prestigious buildings, landmarks, and spaces across the United States and around the world.
William Lam founded his eponymous studio in 1961, pioneering the field of modern lighting design and establishing the core philosophies and principles that continue to lay the foundation for Lam Partners and the lighting industry today. Now led by its third generation of principals, Lam Partners collaborates closely with architects to develop custom lighting designs that bring their vision to life. Their passion for architecture and lighting is evident in the energy and enthusiasm injected into the design process, and the technical and creative strategies that enrich architecture and space, and elevate the human experience.
This beautifully presented monograph showcases 25 architectural lighting projects by Lam Partners, including the United States Institute of Peace, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Yad Vashem Memorial Museum, The TOWER at PNC Plaza, Salt Lake City Public Library, and SoFi Stadium. It also features a selection of legacy projects, such as the Washington D.C. Metro and Union Station, and the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, considered to be some of Lam’s greatest contributions to architectural lighting.
- The Images Publishing Group
- Publish date
- 10th Oct 2022
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 228 mm x 228 mm
- 160 Pages