Le Corbusier Public Buildings
- Includes detailed technical drawings of 80 architectural projects by Le Corbusier
- Offers a new insight into the master architect, Le Corbusier, and his work
- Provides a firm basis for the understanding of modernist architecture in the 20th century
- Characteristics and design details of important Le Corbusier buildings are clearly illustrated
- Provides a valuable reference for students of architecture
Through the process of redrawing the plans of a wide range of completed projects by Le Corbusier, this book offers a new interpretation of his architectural works. Redrawing all the technical drawings provides an insight into the thoughts of the architect when dealing with different building types with different functions and provides a fresh understanding of the morphological strategies. Containing 11 different types of public buildings completed by Le Corbusier, this book draws on 80 of his works, and includes drawings and 3D model spatial diagrams. When examined in the context of completion date, the reader is able to observe the continuity and transition of Le Corbusier’s design ideas. By focusing on Le Corbusier and his influential architecture, the book provides a better understanding of the morphological basis of modernist architecture in the 20th century.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 29th Apr 2022
- 260 mm x 180 mm
- 472 Pages
- 50 color, 500 b&w
- Name of series
- Great Architects Redrawn
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.