Louis I. Kahn
Great Architects Redrawn
- By revisiting Louis I. Kahn's drawings, this study provides a new awareness of Kahn and his design variation
- Provides a valuable reference for students studying Kahn and his works
- With 1,000 drawings, this book forms an important source of material
- User-friendly and accessible work on the heritage of one of the most important 20th century architects in the United States
In architecture, as in many fields, the best method of learning is to learn from the experts. Here, the author, using modern drawing software, has redrawn the plans, elevations, sections, and axonometric drawings from 138 architectural works by the renowned Louis I. Kahn, one of the most important architects of the 20th century in the United States. In so doing, the author arrives at a new and objective perspective to understanding Kahn and his work, creating an invaluable resource for future study. By working through and observing the sketches in a chronological order, Kahn’s spatial characteristics and variations can be seen in a holistic way.
This book provides an innovative and intimate new look at Kahn and his architectural work.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 7th Feb 2022
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 260 mm x 180 mm
- 620 Pages
- 1050 b&w
- Name of series
- Great Architects Redrawn
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.