The Indian Perspective. The Global Context.
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- Morphogenesis is one of India's leading award-winning Architecture and Urban Design practices based out of New Delhi, India; this book discusses in detail how Morphogenesis is a design practice engaging in a critical dialogue towards bridging the boundaries of architecture, design, urbanism, and environmental design in India
- Highlights Morphogenesis' core belief in sustainability and how it shapes all their projects, that is it is not treated as a layer of applied technology on building systems but forms the very basis of their designs
- Strong narrative essays will discuss the architectural journey, featuring the strong relationships between the interiors and exteriors
Full DescriptionThis highly anticipated new monograph delves into an exciting selection of esteemed works by Delhi-based firm Morphogenesis, one of the most productive and creative architectural firms in India and a world-leader in zero net energy and sustainable design. This richly illustrated book combines stunning imagery with a comprehensive study outlining the firm's strong philosophical design intent across a vast range of typologies: residential; institutional; commercial; hospitality; offices; houses; interiors; public and master planning. Morphogenesis reinterprets India's architectural roots and consistently employs passive environmental solutions for a unique, contextual contemporary language. The Morphogenesis journey is a reflection of the contemporary Indian perspective within the global context, incorporating its inspired, forward-thinking vision while respectfully referencing the spirit of traditional Indian subcontinental architecture, and all the while maintaining an intimate focus on the environmental context and culture of the project. This spectacularly beautiful volume is a strong addition to IMAGES' collection of the renowned Master Architect Series and a superb example of an engaged, highly principled and vibrant emerging architectural practice in Asia that is defining a global architectural brand for countries that share similar extraordinary levels of diversity in climate, scale, economy, and typology as is seen across the subcontinent.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 29th Dec 2016
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 235 mm x 235 mm
- 224 Pages
- 200 color