Pocketful of Nudes
The Art of Sensual Photography
- Winner of 1st prize in the 'nudes' category at The Second Congress of European Professional Photography 2010
- More than 200 black and white photographs depicting the female nude
- Arthouse photography by one of the world's most highly acclaimed photographers of nudes
- Belgian Pascal Baetens is known for sourcing his models from everyday settings, rather than relying on supermodels, and always creates something beautiful
- Includes photographic notes and an introduction by the artist
A Pocketful of Nudes – Pascal Baetens, Belgium Winner of the Nude category in the FEP European Photo Book of the Year 2010 Awards: Original, simple and well-made in a pocket-sized format that the jury liked, this work manages to maintain a high level of quality in a field that has been explored by many photographers. The Federation of European Photographers is a network of 23 National Professional Photographers Associations from 20 European countries, recognised by the EU and officially registered in Belgium.
Pascal Baetens’ photography of nudes is critically lauded. Famous for seeking out the woman on the street rather than the super-styled and highly paid supermodel, Belgian Baetens photographs beautiful women in everyday settings. Using industrial environments and natural locations as backdrops, the curves of the women’s bodies are superbly contrasted, revealing beauty in the stunning black and white images. He is particularly noted for seeking to achieve a desired end result in his photography. This new book in the Pocketful series features more than 200 beautiful photographs from one of the world’s most inspired artistic photographers. Includes photographic notes and an introduction by the artist.
Body Culture ISBN 9781920744564 £30.00
Carlo Mollino: Polaroid ISBN 9788842209331 £14.95 Umberto Allemandi & C.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 1st Jan 2009
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 167 mm x 157 mm
- 256 Pages
- 250 b&w