Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- SCDA Architects Pte Ltd is one of Singapore's leading multi-disciplinary practices based out of Singapore
- SCDA Landscape is a companion volume to SCDA Interiors, as an outstanding compendium of the holistic approach between architecture and landscape
- The projects included range in scale from private residential homes, hotels and resorts to mixed-use developments and master plans in various countries within Asia, North America and Europe
- Highlights one of SCDA's key philosophies, the strong relationship between architecture and landscape, and illustrates how it shapes all their projects with rich descriptions, strong narrative essays and high-quality photography
Full DescriptionSCDA Landscape forms an integral part in the firm's holistic approach to design that integrates architecture, interiors and landscape. Reinforcing a dialogue between Internal and External space, projects range in scale from private residential homes, hotels and resorts to mixed-use developments and master plans in various countries within Asia, North America and Europe. The approach follows an inherent classical flow of space, with layering of hardscape and planting elements forming outdoor rooms, extensions of internal living spaces. Proportion, materiality and detail are defining elements that create serene, enduring and defined spaces that enhance the negative spaces between buildings. Sculpture, furniture and lighting are considered at the conceptual stage, important elements in the formation of the overall landscaped approach. The sensory experience of water is utilised and integrated with contemporary landscape elements to structure space, define hierarchy and strengthen the sense of place. Through the careful use and integration of hard and soft elements each project addresses programmatic and environmental requirements, while creating a distinctively poetic and elegant space. This volume showcases the firm's commitment to innovation for environmental design and contemporary flair across all living spaces.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 29th Nov 2017
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 251 mm x 230 mm
- 356 Pages
- 400 color