The Architectural Story of Quinnipiac University
Four Decades, Three Campuses, Two Presidents, One Architect
- Charts the story of Centerbrook's successful 40-year collaboration that has given Quinnipiac University its definitive character
- Documents both the expansion of Quinnipiac and the evolution of its planning and construction to meet evolving policies and academic offerings
- Pairs a detailed and thought-provoking narrative by key Centerbrook illuminati with richly illustrated pages to provide a comprehensive account of the progressive work across four decades, with discussions of master plans, purchase and renovation, design philosophies, budgets, awards, future scope, and other small projects
- Includes information about the University's future and updates on forthcoming developments
The year was 1978, and Quinnipiac College was forming a new campus in Hamden, Connecticut. Chance would bring the author and the place together, and for the next forty years Jefferson B. Riley, FAIA, one of the founding partners of Centerbrook Architects and Planners, would be Quinnipiac’s architect designing over a hundred renovations, additions, and new buildings on three separate campuses that now comprise Quinnipiac University. The University thus became Riley’s devotion, vigorously so after the arrival of Dr. John L. Lahey in 1987 who, as its eighth president, personally put Quinnipiac University on its path to national prominence. Riley’s work has not only helped to give Quinnipiac roots but also wings. Here, then, is a comprehensive architectural account of Quinnipiac from 1978 to 2018.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 14th May 2018
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 305 mm x 267 mm
- 508 Pages
- 1150 color
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.