Waterfront Promenade Design
Urban Revival Strategies
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- Great range of both riverfront and coastal promenade designs, spanning across the globe, each showcasing a unique way of resolving challenges with site adjustment, environmental factors, sustainability, and highlighting ways to improve or create better public access for a more culturally rich social cohesion between the infrastructure, community and the environment
- Many of the projects are focused on improving pedestrian- and cyclist-friendly zones within the waterfront designs
- Book features full-colour photography throughout, with detailed diagrams and illustrations, key guidelines and informative text panels
Full DescriptionWaterfronts, the unique places where land and water meet, are a finite resource, embodying the special history and character of each city. The last decades have witnessed profound changes along abandoned or underused waterfronts, bringing in new pedestrian areas, new business opportunities, and new vitality. This trend is accelerating in cities around the globe. Waterfront Promenade Design seeks to answer to the question of how we can go about rejuvenating waterfronts by promoting good landscape planning and design. In total, 34 great waterfront design practices were selected from all over the world, each with their own unique way of solving the problems posed by their allocated sites, social conditions, and public policies. All resulted in more vibrant, accessible, resilient, and culturally rich public spaces, attuned to these needs. In order to strengthen the waterfront's coherence and connection, this book pays special attention to the design of traversable space along waterfronts, ensuring that promenades are maintained as pedestrian and cyclists-friendly zones. Based on in-depth analysis, this book provides useful design and planning approaches for professionals, decision-makers, and scholars.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 18th Jan 2018
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 290 mm x 235 mm
- 240 Pages
- 380 color