Creative Spaces for Creative Ideas
- Richly illustrated, this is a joyous journey through thirty artistic workspaces
- Covers a wide range of artists and styles, including photographers, painters, musicians, crafts, carpenters, writers, designers, sculptors, and more
- Discover how artists find inspirational within their own realm and gain a greater understanding about the artist's workplace
- Work spaces showcased provide unexpected environments, from garden studios and spaces within the home, to purpose-built outbuildings and industrial warehouse refurbishments
- Provides inspiration for readers who are planning their own artistic workspace
How do artists produce exquisite art? Part of the answer is that each one must discover and create their own particular working space, harnessing inspiration from their surrounds, be it from the humble backyard shed, a beautifully refurbished industrial space, a room inside the home, a loft, or an architecturally designed house/studio set on a cliff, overlooking the natural beauty of the landscape. Some artistic souls thrive in seeming chaos while others must have an ordered studio space about them. In each instance, the role of the “studio” plays an important part in stimulating the artistic process.
This book offers an intriguing and exhilarating peek into the often secretive and off-limits creative spaces of thirty artists and practitioners. Whether it be for photography, music, sculpting, painting, architecture, writing, film, or furniture making, this selection of highly illustrated case studies from around the world reveals how these artisans and practitioners have crafted and designed their unique working environment. This beautiful collection of works also provides practical advice and innovative ideas on the architecture, interior design, site, and setting of workspaces that help these artists flourish through their creative journey.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 11th Feb 2021
- USA & Canada
- 8.27 in x 10.24 in
- 276 Pages
- 300 color