IROJE KHM Architects
- Beautifully packaged and designed, and richly illustrated, with insightful commentary from two notable critics in the field, JongGun Lee and Philip Jodidio
- Harnesses the innovative thinking and cultural philosophies behind this practice, and how the firm's approach results in both significant efficiencies, and compelling and engaging Korean designs
- IROJE KHM Architects is one of the titles featured in IMAGES' Leading Architects series, which showcases the most progressive, renowned architects throughout the world
- Showcases HyoMan Kim's vision for highlighting the value of Korean cultural themes in architecture around the world
- Features an array of residential and commercial projects, spanning two decades of output
Founded by HyoMan Kim, IROJE KHM Architects are pioneers of Korean architectural innovation. The award-winning firm takes a truly virtuous approach to architecture, merging traditional Korean ideals with contemporary design, while endeavoring to understand and apply the true essence of the environments they work with. As part of the Leading Architects series this book showcases IROJE’s jaw-dropping structures and truly unique concepts through an array of visually rich photography, while highlighting the firm’s development over the course of 20 years. Featuring both residential and commercial projects that challenge western architectural conventions, IROJE’s work is often a fantastical representation of natural, visual and spatial abstractions. Read acclaimed writer Philip Jodidio’s account of HyoMan Kim’s almost transcendental approach to the architectural process, as well as JongGun Lee’s explorative essay on the status of Korean architecture and HyoMan Kim’s impressive career, including time spent with master Korean architect, Su Geun Kim. This new title is an insightful journey through two decades of IROJE KHM Architects’ unique architectural realm, and HyoMan Kim’s vision for highlighting the value of Korean cultural themes in architecture around the world.