Romantic cabin charmers, modern getaways and rustic retreats around the world
- Architecture that inspires a spirit of adventure, the dream of romance and the warmth of love
- Reveals 23 beautiful hideaways and retreats from around the globe, including in Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States, and Vietnam
- Includes interviews with the homeowners, revealing their personal stories and the design journey they took to make their haven happen
- Richly photographed in luscious full color throughout, with 'Wild Notes' on each project, detailing aspects of the scenery and identifying a natural feature of the location surrounding each home
“It’s not just about spectacular natural landscapes, but above all about inspiring stories behind the residents of the “Shacks”. The book is ideal for travel lovers, adventurers and for all those who want to escape from everyday life for a moment.” — Meter Magazine
What could be more romantic than watching the sun rise and set over the sea, the mountains or the endless desert from a stylish little getaway shack with the ones you love? In this beautifully illustrated book, design journalist, book author and lifestyle editor Susan Redman not only inspires readers with the many decorating ideas on show, collated from the most gorgeous getaway homes across Europe, the Americas and Australasia, she also delves deeply to reveal the personal stories of creative couples and individuals who have built, styled or restored their special hideaways. From rustic retreats and dreamy beach houses to retro getaways and bespoke architectural havens, the diverse range of love shacks featured here offer design inspiration for your home away from home. Providing readers with an authentic perspective, the ‘shack’ owners share design visions and decorating tips on how they, and you, can awaken one’s inner stylist by combing the natural environment, local markets and vintage fairs to source love shack treasures. Along with stunning photographs, the pages also feature interesting notes on the wild and natural setting of each love shack — so you, too, can immerse yourself in the gorgeous surrounds of each home and find out how the people who live there connect with nature in their sanctuary. This compelling book gives a unique insight into the desire to escape the urban jungle for a holiday home of one’s own making in a remote or wild location, while exploring the role of design and creative vision in the process. It is perfect for anyone with a similar dream.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 6th Jan 2023
- USA & Canada
- 7.48 in x 9.06 in
- 288 Pages
- 320 color
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.