Perform Designing for the Performing Arts
The Images Publishing Group
Territory: USA & Canada
Size: 9.75 in x 11.75 in
Illustrations: 250 color
- Brings together internationally renowned performing arts centre designs by PCPA; rethinking of acoustics for concert halls; and architecture for theaters
- Features projects from across the world, in particular the United States, Malaysia and China (Hong Kong)
- Beautiful spaces designed to enhance the performing arts
- Includes essays by Richard Pilbrow, Larry Kirkegaard, Charles Swanson, John Culbert
- Conveys an interview with Cesar Pelli, Fred Clarke, and Mitch Hirsch
Known for its soaring towers that mark the skylines of the world's great cities, Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects is also a leading designer of performing arts centers, including critically acclaimed venues for opera, dance, plays, and concerts. The firm's award-winning work in this highly demanding field is vast, with examples ranging from one of largest performing arts centers in the United States to intimate theaters on college campuses. Highlighting the firm's technically rigorous and aesthetically inspiring designs, Perform features a selection of concert halls and theaters, and cultural centers, including such prominent and distinctive works as the Overture Center for the Arts in Madison, Wisconsin, and the Adrienne Arsht Center in Miami.
Designed with renowned acousticians and theatre planners, these performance halls are both architecturally exciting and technically advanced. This book explores the design of beautiful and uplifting spaces that allow the performing arts to shine while adding life to their surroundings.
Selected Projects: - Hancher, University of Iowa - The George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theater - Wintrust Arena - Multi-purpose Auditorium, Hong Kong University - Science and Technology - The Theatre School, DePaul University - St. Katherine Drexel Chapel, Xavier University of Louisiana - BOK Center - Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall and Samueli Theater - The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County - Overture Center for the Arts - South Coast Repertory Theater - Schuster Performing Arts Center - Dewan Filharmonik at Petronas Towers - Aronoff Center for the Arts - North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center