Seaside Living 50 Remarkable Houses
The Images Publishing Group
Territory: USA & Canada
Size: 10 in x 10 in
Illustrations: 260 color
- Provides a definitive statement of contemporary residential architectural trends in beachside living
- Covers projects that range from peaceful retreats to edgy designer homes
- Showcases a collection that is inspirational and a strong reference for architects, planners, preservationists, landscape and interior designers, and all who are directly involved in the built coastal environment
- Features rich, full-color photography of beautiful houses in gorgeous settings to entice readers
- Showcases IMAGES' strong talent for mining architectural gems from around the globe
Seaside Living: 50 Remarkable Houses features a breathtaking, hand-picked collection of innovative designs in contemporary residential beachside architecture, showcased with stunning full-color photography.
This book celebrates our connection to the seaside - whether as a summer playground, winter hideaway or permanent abode, there is nothing quite so relaxing as living by the water. Images Publishing has carefully selected projects that underscore and demonstrate the dramatic and coherent blend of beautiful architecturally designed houses and the spectacular range in ecology and topography of coastal environments.
Seaside Living explores how homes are designed to celebrate their enviable beachfront positions, allowing their inhabitants to form an ingenious bond with the natural landscape. Some houses are adapted from ramshackle retreats into modern glass and steel structures that frame the magnificent ocean views. Other residences reflect the architect's vision of working with sustainable materials, promoting both beauty and longevity, opting for a material palette that relies on suitability from the harsh, corrosive salt spray environment and representation with the location - reminiscent of flotsam, rich but weathered. The lure of the beach evokes a sense of relaxation and these homes are truly enticing spaces.
Among the awe-inspiring projects in this book are stunning beach houses that range from peaceful retreats to edgy designer homes spanning the world over, including an extensive range from Europe, the United States, Australia and New Zealand.