Architecture as Space Research
- Featuring one of the most famous architects in China, globally renowned Yung Ho Chang, of Atelier FCJZ, this book forms the very first English edition of the collection of his architecture projects
- With details from more than 60 projects, this provides an exploration of Chang's ideas about spatial design in architecture
- Lavishly illustrated, this handsome volume forms a wonderful collection of the work of Yung Ho Chang
Yung Ho Chang is not only renowned in China but throughout the world, and his new book Architecture as Space Research brings together a collection of his impressive architectural projects in an English edition for the first time.
Chang is famous for his innovative concepts and his experimental spirit when it comes to design. He strongly believes that creating a better spatial experience between people, buildings, and the city as a whole is an important part of the design method. In his view, space is not an enclosed room, but rather a series of relationships. The very movement of people in a building has a certain influence on the surrounding space. While spatial experience is a personal thing, Chang believes that architects have a responsibility to set the direction.
Containing more than 60 architecture projects from his impressive work portfolio with a particular focus on architecture and space design, this book explores Chang's own investigations and research on space while also covering his unique design language.
- The Images Publishing Group
- Publish date
- 11th Oct 2021
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 260 cm x 260 cm
- 400 Pages