Escape to Nature
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- Filled with thirty-five inspiring, contemporary cabin designs
- Each project provides sound construction details, design logic, and architectural expertise
- A richly photographed design reference covering a wide range of cabins, cottages, shelters, shacks, artist studios, lodges, retreats and more
Full DescriptionAlmost everyone has indulged in the irresistible notion of carving out a romantic rural refuge in a typically rustic setting, beside a beach or meadow, in the mountains, or other pristine environments. This book brings together the infinite number of possibilities of beautiful and creative cabin designs set in idyllic locations where access to nature is unimpeded. There's a growing trend for living in a small getaway, but that needn't mean living in cramped, unimaginative spaces. Cabins: Hidden Places, Stylish Spaces showcases the challenges of how small floor plans and compact interiors can be overcome with inventive modern design solutions and the innovative use of technology. Once-basic structures are now evolving into fancy dwellings that offer off-grid living with low impact on the environment, all the while cocooning the occupants in differing levels of comfort, from rustic formats with basic necessities, to some which offer facilities for luxury living. From artist studios to alpine shelters, beachside shacks to rural retreats, this book is an endless source of inspiration for armchair architects and those seeking to create a peaceful sanctuary that fuses distilled ingenuity with eco-friendly style.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 7th Feb 2020
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 280 mm x 212 mm
- 300 Pages
- 280 color