Nostalgic Blue Ribbon Recipes from America’s Small Towns
- Showcases close to 80 Blue Ribbon–winning recipes from across America's state and county fairs, covering all manner of homemade pies and cakes, jams and jellies, pickles, preserves, and sweets, from the classic apple pie, chip chocolate chippers, and lemon meringue to unique snickerdoodles and chokecherry jelly
- Lists the ingredients that should be in every pantry, a set of standard recipes, plus a state-by-state breakdown
- Lush full-colour photography by Liza Gershman, showcasing the county fair culture and atmosphere, the people with whom she interviewed, and some of the vintage ephemera unique to each region
The all-American state and county fair tradition is not all carnies, corn dogs, cotton candy, and apple pie. The fair is a place for communities to come together and share some of the most meaningful moments in life that can evoke affection and nostalgia. Liza Gershman’s book is a visual feast—it’s jam-packed with the images, stories, and voices of the folk and tight-knit communities who celebrate this unique slice of Americana each year.
Beautifully illustrated throughout with stunning colour photographs of food, vintage, and retro ephemera, showcased here are close to 80 Blue Ribbon–winning recipes from across America’s heartland. What’s not to love about homemade pies and cakes, jams and jellies, pickles, preserves, and sweets! County Fair weaves together a celebration of classic, prize-winning regional specialties, secret tips for stocking your pantry, and the legacy of an American institution.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 24th Sep 2021
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 250 mm x 200 mm
- 224 Pages
- 60 color