Eco Packaging Now
- Provides examples of how to make a product attractive while retaining ecological sustainability
- Includes informative commentaries by industry experts
- Illustrates eco-packaging themes in rich photographic detail, with detailed diagrams and explanatory commentaries that illuminate a large range of case studies from around the globe
The sales range of goods spans the globe. We can drink Russian vodka in New Zealand, or taste fruits from Brazil in Japan. Packaging enables this international exchange of merchandise, and has infiltrated our life on every level. It exists everywhere – on the supermarket shelves, in our fridges, cabinets, gifts, and cosmetics; whether you are recieving shipped items from overseas or buying produce from local farms, packaging will always be involved. However, as environmental issues become increasingly prominent, there is another side to packaging we must consider. Reducing waste, saving energy, improving sustainability of the overall products, and creating green packaging methods are hot topics in the packaging industry. So how do designers find ecological packaging strategies that protect the product without leaving a negative footprint on the environment?
Contemporary designers are finding unique and multi-functional ways to manipulate materials to make packaging recyclable, biodegradable, and reusable. More than 100 brilliant ideas from all over the world are showcased in this book, which are presented in insightful detail and complemented by glorious full-colour photography. This book will inspire design creativity, and reveal ways for businesses to help counter the environmental threats that endanger our world.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 19th Oct 2016
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 260 mm x 215 mm
- 248 Pages
- 300 color