Flexible Visual Identity
- Features more than 70 stunning and innovative projects from various countries, showing in detail how a flexible brand identity is applied to each different media
- Depicts a great range of design methods and forms of expressions for designing for a flexible identity, with key analysis for points of reference
- Features recently completed case studies that reflect current and contemporary design trends
- Comprises a useful package of information that would be of high reference value for graphic designers, educators, and students
In the internet age, the means of communication keep changing along with the increasing formation. It becomes more difficult to catch the public's attention and the monotonous and invariable logos can't meet the needs of current and future commercial society any more. Designers need to seek new design language to express a brand. Flexible logos are a kind of design form with more variability, stronger adaptability, wider coverage, and fresh visual effect. This new form perfectly follows the development trend of globalised, diversified, and internet integration of online and offline operations in the new commercial society. However, the birth of flexible logos is not only to adapt to new media - and new means of communication - but also a breakthrough of logo design itself that creates new possibilities for the innovation of logo form and breaks the fixed, monotonous, and invariable characteristics of the traditional static logos.
This book explores the creation and methods of the flexible logo design process, and analyses its application across dozens of international projects. Each project explores the notion of broader brand extension stability, as well as the stability of consumers' psychological recognition.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 6th Jun 2018
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 210 mm x 210 mm
- 352 Pages
- 450 color