Great American Homes
- Provides a detailed introduction by distinguished landscape architect, Kenneth Lemm, who expands on the successful collaborations of Baker and his team by drawing on examples of Baker's impressive ability to create a cohesive contemporary design that consistently maintains the integrity of classic design elements
- Reveals insightful commentary on how Baker's design for each project freshly reinterprets historical style while maintaining a seamless and gracious transition between indoor and outdoor spaces
- Describes how each project enhances the living experience and home environment for the families with an engaging focus on the integration of the residents' personal styles, artworks or furniture collections
- Comprises a wide selection of homes for the modern family in a variety of settings, such as wooded hillside retreats, sprawling manors, historic homes, and gracious estates
- Becomes IMAGES' third volume on this outstanding new classicist, following Great American Homes: Volume One and New Classicists: William T. Baker
This is a richly illustrated monograph revealing William T. Baker’s masterful detailing and superior craftsmanship of magnificent family residences. Showcasing 14 classically inspired homes of grace and beauty, each property reflects an astute comprehension of life as it is lived in the 21st century, with deliberate nods to historical aesthetics that coexist harmoniously with the architectural language of natural light, passive design themes, voluminous space, and fabulous comfort. Inspired by the bounty of classical architecture found in the grand homes of the southern United States, particularly the state of Georgia, the hallmarks of William T. Baker’s architecture are extraordinary attention to details of craftsmanship and construction, and a keen eye for scale and proportion. His work clearly reflects the aspirations of the American Dream. This beautifully photographed monograph of William T. Baker’s work is the third volume in IMAGES’ successful Classicist series, and showcases the exquisitely designed homes of the modern family, who entrusted Baker with their dreams and visions, and whose trust has been rewarded with classically inspired homes of grace and beauty. His work contributes greatly to some of the most aesthetically pleasing residences being built in the United States today.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 6th Nov 2017
- 280 mm x 280 mm
- 252 Pages
- 295 color
- Name of series
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.