Jewel Changi Airport
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- Safdie Architects illuminate the process of building the new central connector between the existing airport terminals at Singapore Changi Airport
- Includes detailed diagrams of the building's conceptual design, which is based on the geometry of a torus (in reference to a revolution generated by a revolving circle in a three-dimensional space)
- Incisive texts provide viewpoints on how the project works sustainably and innovatively, with a composition of lifestyle/retail amenity, cultural attraction, and transportation infrastructure
Full DescriptionJewel Changi Airport documents the creation of a remarkable addition to one of the world's premier airports. The sinuous, faceted glass Jewel serves as Singapore's new gateway to the world, and redefines what an airport can be. Brimming with terraced plantings, lush valleys, floating bridges, art installations, shops, restaurants, and a central waterfall, Jewel is a new type of destination: part public garden and part shopping and entertainment complex. Through photos, drawings, ephemera, essays, and interviews, the book provides detailed insights on how the project came to be - from its bold vision and concept to the innovative engineering, environmental, and construction strategies employed to make it a reality.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 12th Jun 2020
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 280 mm x 280 mm
- 164 Pages