Successful Renovation and Expansion of Old Homes
- Forms an important and useful reference for architects, interior designers, and home owners
- Richly illustrated with 27 case studies from around the globe
- Provides detailed analysis of the process undergone in each case study
- Includes helpful before and after pictures
- An inspiring guide showcasing skilful renovations and adaptions of old homes for the modern lifestyle
Renovation continues to be an important and fundamental part of modern architecture, whether it be through a desire to preserve history, or resurrect an old family home. This book provides a useful overview of nearly 30 case studies from across the globe, providing inspiring examples of how to refresh an old structure through sensitive modifications without changing the original architectural type. An inspiring guide to the daunting task of renovation, this book covers the whole process of renovating an old house, and provides fitting examples of work from around the world. Covering the entire process of renovation, the book includes “before” and “after” photos to clearly illustrate the skillful work involved in adapting an older residence. The decision to renovate rather than rebuild brings its own set of complications, but this book reminds us that this is not a hopeless endeavour but rather one that refreshes the architecture and provides a revamped home, perfect for the modern world.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 27th Sep 2022
- 285 mm x 215 mm
- 240 Pages
- 400 color
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.