Sustainable Innovative Designs
- An inspiring look into the possibilities of living more sustainably using new designs, modern technology, and ingenious methods defining the future home
- Provides in-depth analysis of different challenges and how designers have responded
- Illustrated in full colour, Future Homes examines nearly 30 projects from across the globe that have devised a new method of thinking about residential homes
- An important reference book for stakeholders such as urban planners, architects, designers, builders, and individuals considering building their own home
New challenges on a global scale have forced a rethinking about the way homes and communities are designed. Future Homes provides an engaging and in-depth analysis of possible solutions, providing hope for the future. Broadly speaking these challenges came in three ways: environmental, social, and economic. The challenges posed by climate change demand urgent consideration and response. But a change in methodology and the ingenious employment of technological advances offers solutions to these challenges. This book provides important examples of ways to meet the global challenges by using innovative concepts and practices, leading to a transformation of how residences will appear in the years to come.
With sustainability as an overarching strategy for future retooling and design of our homes, it’s worth taking a look at the new challenges we face and the ways they can be approached by stakeholders such as urban planners, architects, designers, builders, and individuals considering building their own home.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 7th Nov 2022
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 230 mm x 190 mm
- 256 Pages
- 301 color, 53 b&w