New Classicists; Residential Architecture of Distinction
- Companion to the popular New Classicists series, which includes books by Ken Tate and William T. Baker. New Classicists series has strong appeal to the public, representing a luxurious classical style in which many of us would like to live
- Includes foreword by HRH The Prince of Wales
- Introduction by Paul Gunther, President of The Institute of Classical Architecture and Classical America
- Phenomenal source of classical architecture detailing, with plans, photographs and descriptive text
- Contains a wealth of ideas for architects, landscape architects, builder, home renovators and people who like to dream
This book offers an enticing glimpse of the exquisite work of Dinyar Wadia. While remaining loyal to traditional classical design, Wadia’s finely detailed residences display a remarkable versatility and adaptability within the classical language of architecture. His work is characterised by a passion for excellent detailing, use of fine material and exceptional workmanship, always emphasising the integral relationship between the home and its surrounding landscape.
As revealed in the breathtaking array of homes featured in this volume, each residence is distinctive for its refined elegance and seamless incorporation into the landscape. Foreword by HRH The Prince of Wales. Introduction by Paul Gunther, President of The Institute of Classical Architecture and Classical America.
This exquisite monograph (originally published in 2007 and reprinted 2020 due to high demand) is a beautiful companion book to Wadia’s second volume showcasing another selection of the firm’s magnificent work, The Fine Art of Designing a Home: Wadia Associates (ISBN 9781864708738), also available.