Courtyards, Decks and Patios
- A variety of outdoor living areas, from spare decks to opulent courtyards, landscaped living areas to quaint patios, relaxing pool decks to sky-high terraces.
- Diverse projects are equally unique, adapting to their geographical area: romantic and mystical courtyards in India, gracious patios in South America, a rooftop penthouse in New York and minimalist designs in Europe.
- Conjures up images of rest, relaxation and leisure and the pleasure of living outdoors.
- Will inspire readers to adopt ideas for their own homes.
- Descriptive text and plans provide inspiration.
The importance of outdoor living spaces, such as courtyards and patios, in our daily lives is highlighted in this new book from IMAGES. Courtyards and patios have been an important architectural feature for thousands of years, and over time, their popularity has not waned. Today these outdoor living spaces play both a decorative and functional role where water, walls, lighting, plants and sky all combine to convey security, calm and quiet. This beautiful volume presents residential outdoor living spaces from South America, Europe, Asia and the U.S.
- The Images Publishing Group
- 13th Jun 2007
- USA & Canada
- 10 in x 10 in
- 224 Pages
- 390 color, 36 b&w